Bridging cultures, communities and generations. Creating opportunities for people of Chinese origin and their families to succeed..
Chinese Association of Tower Hamlets is a needs based provider of superior, flexible and tailored domiciliary care and support. We recognise people as individuals and offer choice and opportunity to enable them to live safely, fulfilled and as independently as possible. We value individual sand working partnership with relatives, regular carer sand other agencies to help enable people to take as much control over their lives as possible, helping them to retain dignity and lifestyle choice.
To ensure that the people we serve live in a sensitive and compassionate environment, have access to services that meet their physical, material and emotional needs, also, they are able to reach the quality of life to which every individual aspires.
Aims and Objectives
Maximise people’s quality of life
Empower people to gain, regain and maintain independence
Enable a positive contribution to society
Improve health and well-being of individuals and wider groups
Promote choice and control for individuals
Working partnership with Service Users or those acting on their behalf and allied professionals
Help to develop life skills required to integrate and live to the full with in society
Facilitate personal dignity, privacy and respect
How will these be achieved ?
- Delivering a service of a superior quality that will sustain and improve the individuals overall quality of life
- Ensuring the service is delivered flexibly, attentively and in a non-discriminatory fashion whilst respecting each individual’s right to independence,life style choice, privacy, dignity, fulfillment and the right to make informed choices and to take managed risks
- Ensuring each individual’s needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status,parenthood and disabilities or impairments
- Continually assessing and improving upon what we do through consultation (through Service Users,professionals,families,and purchasers),self assessment, quality management, observations, supervisions and inspections
- Ensuring the care and support services are delivered in accordance with the agreed Care Plan and Purchasing Contracts, where applicable
- Rigorous recruitment, selection, training and personal development of Home Care Workers and other staff to enable Service Users needs to be met
- Matching nominated Home Care Workers as closely as possible with Service Users, and respecting the need to change the Home Care Worker in the event of subsequent non-compatibility
- Managing the Care Service efficiently and effectively to make the best use of resources and to maximise value for money for the Service User or purchaser
- Undertaking a Risk Assessment of environmental Health and Safety hazards within each home and reporting concerns to the Service User or purchaser.The Risk Assessment will take in to account the right of the Service User to take managed risks
- Ensuring each Service User receives written information on the company’s procedure for handling concerns, complaints, comments and compliments,and how that information will be used
- Placing absolute priority on the value of excellent communication with Service Users and staff to ensure individual’s are kept as informed as is practicably possible about the service they receive from Chinese Association of Tower Hamlets